Colombia. To avoid accidents or setbacks, you should know several aspects about the use of the electrical panel. If the electrical installation is going to be out in the open, one will be required designed for exteriors, that resist rain and sun; and if it is going to be installed inside the house or office, it must be located in a place that is easily accessible to anyone.
For this reason, Schneider Electric highlights the importance of the boards, which support, maintain, protect and organize the internal connections of the electrical network in low voltage. Next, the company delivers 8 recommendations for its proper use:
1. The installation must be done by expert hands: unless you are a certified electrician, do not try to install the power distribution board, as this could put at risk the entire structure of the electrical network, which also implies risks for their appliances and the lives of the inhabitants.
2. Select the right board for your need: define which board you need advised by an expert in the subject and buy it thinking that your relationship with the board, despite being very far, will be for many years. Note that the load centers must be specified depending on the number of circuits, the operating current and type of installation, among other characteristics.
It is noteworthy that Schneider Electric has a wide range of energy distribution boards suitable for all types of installation. The company offers functional and practical designs that comply not only with RETIE but with international norms and standards, which supply the needs of the market.
3. Mark the connections: put names easy to remember the switches like "main", "kitchen" or "rooms", in this way, when you need to lower or turn off a circuit you will know which one is suitable.
4. The boards must be designed with materials that do not spread the flame: it is also advised that the board supports humidity and salinity, that's why Schneider Electric's Homeline boards are painted inside and out with electrostatic paint that gives them a long lifespan .
5. Never hide it: in the past it used to hide the boards behind a painting, a door or place it in the last corner of the home, being considered an unsightly element. Actually, the board should be visible and its location should be easily accessible, for example, in the kitchen, which is a place where all people can easily access and that usually does not have doors.
6. Do not paint it, or alter its factory configuration: people, to "disappear" the board used to paint it with the color of the painting of the space where it was located. When this is done, the electrostatic flammability properties that come from the factory are lost.
7. Expansion: the board must be designed to grow over time, that is, to house more switches that allow to regulate and expand new connections.
8. Keep it clean: the accumulation of dust and debris can turn the board into a time bomb, for which it is convenient to check it and clean it regularly depending on where it is located, that is, how hostile the environment is.
Additionally, Schneider Electric has a line of circuit breakers that provide protection against overload and short circuit. These are some of its characteristics: plug-type terminals that guarantee the non-formation of hot spots in busbars up to 225 A; Shooting time before short-circuit failure of only 1 / 60 second; allows the connection of copper or aluminum conductors; are manufactured under the UL 489 standard; They have high mechanical and electrical performance up to 20.000 operations; have a SWD Certificate for monopolar breakers from 15 and 20 A.